Sections are based on the available tabs in our LMS.
When using our application for testing and exam purposes, we suggest the following assignment settings in combination.
Assignment Template - Quiz/Exam
- No Check feature
- Multiple Choice selection options are shuffled
- Print is removed
- Reading links are removed
- One attempt allowed
- Only grades are revealed on submission
- Feedback and answers provided after closing date (see Timing)
Dates and Times
- Set Opening and Closing dates and times to restrict access period.
- Set a Time Limit (real-time, running clock). Time Limit should be long enough to finish, but short enough as not to allow time to go looking up answers.
- Set the Open and Close dates to encompass 24 hours.
- Set Time limit to 2 hours.
Each student will be able to start within the 24-hour timeframe with 2 hours to complete the assignment once it's begun. The time limit cannot be paused or halted. The assignment will be automatically submitted after 2 hours or when the closing date and time has been reached, whichever comes first.
Use algorithmic questions from the Homework question bank.
- To filter for algorithmic questions, check the box Algorithmic only in the Result Filters section.
- To add a question, select it, click Add Algorithmic, and select Students will be assigned different variations of the question.
Use the Shuffle option to shuffle the question order.
- Check the Advanced Options option at the bottom of the screen
- Check the Shuffle option.
This combination of settings are the default settings for the assignment template.