We highly recommend that you create a zero-point practice exam. This ensures students are set up correctly for use with Respondus LockDown Browser and avoids issues during actual exams.
Set Up Practice Exam
To set up a Practice Exam, you will follow these steps.
- From your Dashboard, click Manage Courses beneath the appropriate text, on the My Books page.
- Click Edit Course and then select Go to Course.
- Click Add an assignment or resource on the appropriate chapter/module page.
- Select Auto Graded Assignment and then click Add.
- Enter a name at the top of the settings page.
- Select the Practice template (this gives unlimited attempts in case they need to reinstall the software).
- Click Continue to timing.
- Set up your opening/closing dates and time limit.
- Click Save and Continue to Questions.
- From the Questions page, select the questions you would like to assign.
- Adjust the Maximum Grade in the bottom-right corner to adjust the total points for the Practice Exam to zero.
- Click Save Assignment.
Enable Respondus LockDown Browser
Now that the Practice Exam has been created, you will just need to enable the Respondus LockDown Browser through the following steps.
- On any chapter/module page, select the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Configure Respondus LockDown Browser.
- Click Continue to LockDown Browser.
- Click the arrow icon to the left of the Practice Exam and then select Settings.
- Select Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam.
- Click Advanced Settings to see more settings for Respondus LockDown Browser (if you would like—not mandatory).
- Click Save + Close.
You have successfully added the Respondus LockDown Browser to your Practice Exam!