NOTE: The number of Attempts set in a User Override must include any previously completed attempts, if any.
Example: If the assignment settings allow for 1 attempt and you want to allow a student that has already completed an attempt to reenter the assignment, the override must be set to 2 attempts.
A User Override provides the ability to override certain assignment settings for a particular student without affecting the rest of the class.
Example: A student requires testing accommodations, such as time and a half. If an exam has a Time Limit of 1 hour, you can set an override to allow the student 1 1/2 hours or adjust the closing date/time as applicable.
Example: A student will be missing class and you want to allow another day for the student to turn in the assignment. Set a User Override to extend the due date for the student.
To Set User Overrides for one or multiple students on a Single assigment, see User Overrides - Add Overrides for One Assignment.
Add Multiple User Overrides for One User
1. Click Manage Sections.
- Manage Sections can be accessed from any of the following locations:
- Instructor Dashboard
- Course Home page (shown)
- Course Navigation Menu (from within the course, identified in Step 2 screenshot)
2. Select Students for the applicable Section.
3. Click the Vertical Ellipsis icon for the student needing the User Override.
4. Select Add User Overrides
5. Check the Add Override boxes for the assignment(s) requiring User Overrides.
- You can check multiple assignments.
- To remove an existing User Override, uncheck the Add Override box.
6. Toggle the switch to ON to open fields and set Override.
- Set Opening Date/Time for student if different from assignment settings.
- Set Closing Date/Time for student if different from assignment settings.
- Set Time Limit if applicable.
- Time Limit is a real-time, running clock that begins when the student opens the attempt.
- Note: if not set, there is no Time Limit and assignment will close at the set Closing Date/Time.
- Set number of Attempts allowed if different from assignment settings.
- You will receive a green success banner and be directed back to the Student page.
- Edits can be made by clicking back into the Add User Override button for the student.