You have the ability to require a password for an assignment. This feature is commonly used for make-up assignments and exams.
Require a PasswordYou can set a password on the Timing screen when creating the assignment, or by updating an existing assignment's Timing settings.
Require a Password (when creating an assignment)
- When on the assignment's Timing screen, type the Password in the Require password field.
- Click Save & Continue to Questions.
Require a Password (existing assignment)
The easiest place to set a password for an existing assignment is on the Assignment Dates screen. Here you can see the Timing parameters for all assignments on a single page, so it is convenient if you need to set passwords for more than one assignment.
- From the Course Home page or from within the course, click Manage Sections.
- Click Assignment Dates for the needed Section.
- Scroll to the assignment. Type the desired Password in the Require password field.
- Click Save Changes (bottom-right corner of page)
- You will have the opportunity to apply the same changes to other Sections of the course if applicable.
- Go to Course
- Course Content (left menu)
- Navigate to the assignment (left menu) and click Edit associated with the needed assignment.
- Select Edit Timing.
- Save Changes.